The property comprises a substantial Grade II* listed former church building on a site of approx. 1 acre. The church was originally built circa 1890 and is of stone construction beneath a pitched slate roof.
The property has a D1 planning consent (Place of Worship). Under this use the property could also be used as a nursery, training centre, community centre, clinic use etc.
Alternative uses may be considered on a subject to planning basis. Further enquiries to be made direct with the Local Planning Authority.
Restrictive covenants and Pastoral (Church Buildings Disposal) Scheme
Restrictive covenants will be included in the transfer of the property to ensure that the approved development is carried forward. Further details of these are available from the agents.
A closed Church of England church is sold under special legal provision – a Pastoral (Church Buildings Disposal) Scheme is the legal document empowering the Church Commissioners to sell a closed church for a specific use. The sale of the church would, therefore, be subject to the making of such a scheme following public consultation. Further details about the procedures involved may be found on the Commissioners’ web-site at www.ccpastoral.org.