The property comprises a substantial Grade II listed former church building. The property was originally built in 1834 and is of stone construction beneath a pitched slate roof.
The property sits within a large church yard, but it should be noted that only a small section of land is included as part of the sale. Please see attached OS plan.
Restrictive covenants and Pastoral (Church Buildings Disposal) Scheme
Restrictive covenants will be included in the transfer of the property to ensure that the approved development is carried forward. Further details of these are available from the agents.
A closed Church of England church is sold under special legal provision – a Pastoral (Church Buildings Disposal) Scheme is the legal document empowering the Church Commissioners to sell a closed church for a specific use. The sale of the church would, therefore, be subject to the making of such a scheme following public consultation. Further details about the procedures involved may be found on the Commissioners’ web-site at www.ccpastoral.org.